This will probably be the most succulent, melt-in-your-mouth, fall-off-the-bone-tender and tasty pork ribs you have ever tasted. I remember preparing this BBQ pork ribs for my former colleague’s ROM BBQ party at the NTUC chalet years ago. It took me almost the whole day to prepare about 20 kilo of pork ribs to feed about 100 people. But it was all worth it when I saw everyone queueing up for the pork ribs even though there are many other food being served, and everyone loved it. But don’t take me at my word, go and try out the recipe and you will find out for yourself!
Honey BBQ Pork Rib Recipe
This will probably be the most succulent, melt-in-your-mouth, fall-off-the-bone-tender and tasty pork ribs you have ever tasted.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- Pork Ribs ( whole rack uncut ), 700 gm
- Oyster Sauce, 1 TBsp
- Thick Dark Sauce, 1 TBsp
- Light Soya Sauce, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Chopped garlic, 2 TBsp
- Sugar, 4-5 tsp
- Pepper, a dash
- Water, just enough to cover the pork ribs
- Lettuce, 6 leaves
PREPARATION (15 minutes)
- Wash the pork and blanch it with boiling water to remove the smell.
- Chop the garlic
- Wash the lettuce
COOKING METHOD (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Put all the ingredients into the wok and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Put the whole piece of pork rib into the wok making sure the water is enough to cover the pork ribs.
- When the water is boiling, lower the heat.
- Allow the pork rib to simmer for 1 to 1 1/4 hour until the meat is soft but not disintegrated or until the gravy becomes sticky.
- Remove the pork ribs and place on a rack.
- Glaze it with maltose and grilled in the oven for 5 mins with top fire only until it is slightly charred.
- When ready, cut the rib one by one. Place them on a plate of lettuce (optional) and serve while it is still hot.
- The pork rib must have some fats otherwise it will be too dry when cooked.
- While grilling the ribs, do not go away because the ribs will get too burnt and become bitter as sugar gets burnt very quickly.
If you enjoyed this Honey Braised BBQ Pork Rib Recipe, you may also like:
See also our most-read recipes and how-to cooking tips:
- How to Choose Broccoli
- Old-School Hainanese Pork Chop Recipe
- Fried Oyster Omelette (Or Luah) Recipe
- The 10 Things You MUST Know About Choosing the Freshest Fish
- Chinese Crispy Roast Pork Belly Recipe
- Chinese Steamed Egg with Minced Meat (蒸水蛋) Recipe
- [Video] How to make Egg Mayo in Toasted Bread Cups
- [Video] Kitchen Hack to Pack and Freeze Prawns Quickly
|About The Burning Kitchen|
Hi! We are Bee Leng and Melissa, the mother-daughter team behind The Burning Kitchen. We love home cooking and we love sharing our family’s recipes with the world. We only ever share proven recipes that we have perfected ourselves, and which we write-up from scratch (no hidden steps, no secret sauces). And the best part is: our recipes are full of fantastic, and often, surprisingly easy tips from years of experience, that is bound to improve your cooking regardless of your current level! Read more.