Watch this useful tutorial on how to effortlessly pack and freeze prawns so it saves space and is easy to retrieve in small batches!
- Cut off the edges of a small food storage plastic bag to use as liners
- Cut of the sharp poisonous tips at the head and tail of the prawn. Be careful not to get pricked
- Do not wash the prawns, otherwise the prawns will lose their natural sweetness when it is thawed.
- Layer prawns in a take out box.
- Use a liner in between the layers to prevent the prawns from sticking together into a huge clump. You will thank me later when you want to take out small batches of prawns to cook.
- Alternate the head direction of the prawns for each layer for maximum packing efficiency and space utilisation
- 1 box can fit 12-18 large/medium sized prawns
- Now you can store the prawns in your freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Are you game to try out some Prawn Recipes?
If you enjoyed this tutorial on How to Pack and Freeze Prawns, do check out our growing collection of Video Tutorials!
100: Marketing Survival Skills
- Every Foodie’s MUST-HAVE Guide to the 10 Most Common Local Fishes
- The 10 Things You MUST Know About Choosing the Freshest Fish
- How to Choose Broccoli
- How to Choose Shiitake Mushrooms
- How to Choose Bitter Gourd
200: Kitchen Survival Skills
- How to Clean and Prepare Prawns
- How to Pack and Freeze Prawns
- 6 Simple Steps to Scale and Clean Your Fish Like A Pro
- How to Clean Squid
- How to Slice Gourds (And Other Tubular Vegetables) Into Strips
- How to Chop Up a Whole Chicken
300: Basic Cooking Skills
- How to Steam Egg (That Is Silken Smooth!)
- How to Steam Fish
- How to Fry Golden Crispy Shallots
- How (Not) to Cook Sago