Easy No-Bake Strawberry Trifle Recipe:This easy no-bake strawberry trifle dessert comes int 3 beautiful layers of strawberry jelly, strawberry mousse and cream. It takes only about 20 minutes active time, and doesn’t leave a mess in your kitchen! Its a definite favourite dessert recipe for when I have guests over!
Strawberry Trifle is a very quintessential dessert in England that all the English love, and you can see rows of it being sold at the large UK supermarkets like Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and Mark’s and Spencer’s. I learnt this dessert from a friend when I was in the UK looking after my 2 young children for 3 years while my husband was studying there.
At that time I would often invite my husband’s classmates home for a meal. This is the easiest way to whip up a dessert which everyone enjoyed so much. My daughters also love this dessert and often request for me to make a huge bowl of it for Christmas and other festive occasions.
Easy No-Bake Strawberry Trifle Recipe
This easy no-bake strawberry trifle dessert comes int 3 beautiful layers of strawberry jelly, strawberry mousse and cream. It takes only about 20 minutes active time, and doesn't leave a mess in your kitchen! Its a definite favourite dessert recipe for when I have guests over!
- 500 ml Fresh Whipping Cream
- 1 can Evaporated Milk Carnation brand
- 2 packets Strawberry Jello
- 570 ml Water Boiling
- Lemon Juice Squeeze from 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 12 Strawberries
PREPARATION (start 1 hour before cooking)
Put the fresh cream and evaporated milk in the fridge for 1 hour.
COOKING METHOD (2 hour, 20 minutes active time)
- Melt the jello with 570 ml of boiling water
Add the lemon juice and sugar to the jelly and stir until the jelly powder has completely dissolved.
Pour half the jelly mixture into a big glass bowl and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Take out the evaporated milk from the fridge and add it into a mixing bowl. Beat the evaporated milk with a mixer until it rises to twice the proportion.
Pour the remaining jelly mixture into the milk and mix well to make the mousse.
Pour the mousse mixture into the set jelly and leave in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
When ready to serve, whip the fresh cream until it forms stiff peaks, the scoop and place it on top of the mousse layer.
Place the strawberries on top of the cream and serve chilled.
- You can add a layer of custard between the jelly layer and the mousse layer for an even more beautiful and delicious dessert.
Hope you enjoy this recipe, and please leave me a comment below if you have any questions, suggestions or feedback for me!
Suggested Modifications for Special Diets
- Baby/Toddler-Friendly: Reduce sugar for older babies / toddlers
- Child-Friendly: No modifications needed.
- Fish-Free: No modifications needed.
- Gluten-Free: No modifications needed.
- Nut-Free: No modifications needed.
- Shellfish-Free: No modifications needed.
- Vegetarian: No modifications needed
[Insert WP Recipe Maker]